Monday, October 13, 2008

I have never read anything more beautiful.

I found this letter today. I recieved this letter when I was in eighth grade. EIGHTH GRADE. I read it now and can't believe I was ever loved by someone so wonderful and so gifted with words.

“Dear love of mine. I once promised you I would never said I was nothing. It’s true, I am something, but only when I have you by my side. Neither of us is superior over the other. We are both equals; we are both one. We are two separate personalities that clash. I will always be who I am, but you seem to make everything inside of me click. Everything seems to work better when I’m with you. I try my hardest to give you everything of mine, for it’s you’re who I’ve connected myself to. Whether it will be good or bad for me in the end, I don’t really care. All the pain in the world could be inflicted upon me, even by you, and if in the end, you are with me again, I know that it was all worth it. You are the only person who I don’t use my brain to deal with, Sammi. I use my heart, and it alone sends me back to you. I need you. Always and forever, I will love you. Until we clash again.”

Remember that PostSecret I keep posting? "If I ever fall in love again and marry, my future husband is indebted to you. Thank you for being an incredible first love."

1 comment:

Elle said...

I'm almost positive I know who wrote that. It's funny because I feel like I have a connection to that relationship after I wrote that story sophomore year. I totally remember sitting at the park at the green belt on top of the jungle gym talking about our men. We really were blessed to have such amazing first loves. <3