Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy nerd day :)

Today is my favorite day of the year... NERD DAY! Not really but I like it a lot. :) There is an inner nerd in all of us. Embrace it ;)

I have been so beyond exhausted lately. I really just need a break. I'm barely home anymore and it's no bueno, mostly because I don't do so well without seeing my mom for long periods of time. Dependent? You bet I am. But really, my mom is my best friend. STORY TIME: Two days ago, my dad and I were talking about college at dinner because he had an appointment with my guidance councilor the next day to talk about scholarships/financial aid. I was telling him my big dreams: getting my undergrad in pre-med at U of A, then going out to graduate school for medicine on the east coast. He told me if I got offered a scholarship for my undergrad education out on the east coast, I should take it. I told him of course I would, no hesitation, but I don't know if I'd be ready to be so far from home at 18. Right then, I looked over at my mom and she had tears in her eyes. Naturally, that made me cry. So my mom and I are sitting at dinner, crying over the mere thought of being so far from each other. I'm so blessed to have such a close relationship with mi madre.

No comments: