Sunday, October 12, 2008

I find it peculiar that I've never actually directly talked about my love life on this blog. Which is funny because that's kind of a big part of me (sadly). Stef and I had a conversation the other day about this, about our crazy romanticism and not having anyone to share it with. It's been five months now where I've been straight up single, and okay, I may be a little pathetic for complaining about that, but I don't like it. I just need companionship. I've had two major relationships in my life that have shaped me and given me the expectations I have today. And honestly, I don't care what anyone has to say about these past relationships, because they were so genuine and taught me so much. I really hate thinking about them, though, because it makes my heart feel so lonely. I really just miss having someone to talk to all the time, having someone who will listen to my day and my pointless stories. Someone who knows me inside and out and loves me all the same. Someone who knows when I'm sad, and knows exactly how to cheer me up. Once again, I can't complain because my friends do that for me, but we all know it isn't the same. I guess it can all be summed up through a single quote:

"I bet you've had a hard time walking into a room full of people on your own, right? Yeah. I know that. I know what it is not to feel like your in the room until he looks at you or touches your hand or even makes a joke at your expense, just to let everyone know... you're with him. You're his." -P.S. I Love You

I miss being someones. Love is so important to feel like you've lived a full life. I'm fortunate to have loved and been loved in return, even though I'm only so young, and I guess that has made me spoiled. Now that I've seen what love is all about, it's hard for me to settle for something less. Maybe that's my problem. Or maybe that's what's right about me - not settling for anything less than the best. Am I over-analytical or what? Haha, I wish there was a boy out there who could handle my crazy, wandering mind.

3 comments:

Elle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elle said...

Sammi, I get you. You and I are completely spoiled because God has blessed us with love so young. We were always searching for our equal. We want someone who is like our girl best friend but gives affection, chemistry, and the undefineable "it" factor. Sometimes you sit and think about every little reason why you believed that relationship was meant to last and then you think about all the reasons it wasn't. One day, we'll stop over analyzing because we'll be actually satisfied. Ha I know that sounds crazy. I love you. :)

Sammi said...

couldnt have said it better myself. i love you dan!