Friday, September 19, 2008

The used-to-be's.

Yesterday, I talked to a few people I haven't talked to in awhile. And that took me back to my used-to-be best friends. I've lost so many friends in the past five years. And I have so much I want to say to them when I see them. These are the people that I'm just staright up not friends with anymore, in any way. If I had the courage, this is what I would say to them today:

Used-to-be-best-friend #1:
Hey, remember when we used to be best friends?
I don't think you miss me like I miss you.
I think about you every single day, still,
Because you gave me the happiest times of my life.
And it really makes me sad knowing we'll never be close like that again.
You're always going to be important to me.
Thank you for making middle school the best years.

Used-to-be-best-friend #2:
Hey, remember when we used to be best friends?
To be honest, I'm kind of glad we aren't anymore.
We've developed this awkward, tension-y relationship.
Actually it's not even a relationship.
I'm sure you never think about how we used to be friends.
You win the "Changed Most in a Year" award.

Used-to-be-best-friend #3:
Hey, remember when we used to be best friends?
We used to laugh a lot.
I have a feeling that if we talked again, it would be just like it used to be.

Used-to-be-best-friend #4:
Hey, remember when we used to be best friends?
You were the best.
I don't even know where you are or how you're doing anymore.
All I see are your crazy party adventure pictures on myspace.
Just remember: you're better than that.
Remember everything that happened when we were friends.
You are the strongest girl I know.
Thank you for constantly being my inspiration.
I love you, and you're always in my prayers.

No comments: