Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Here's to the soul-expanding power of the simply beautiful."

I have been so inspired lately. :) These are poems, movie quotes, and beautiful words from people I know. Enjoy.


"I’m for crushes not acted upon, for admiration from afar,
for the delicate and the resiliant and the fragile human heart,
may it always heal stronger than it was before.
For walks in the woods, and the for the woods themselves,
by which I mean the trees. Definitely for the trees.
Window seats, and locally brewed beer,
and love letters written by hand with fountain pens:
I’m for all of these."

Reverend Bock: Lars asked us not to wear black today. He did so to remind us that this is no ordinary funeral. We are here to celebrate Bianca's extraordinary life. From her wheelchair, Bianca reached out and touched us all, in ways we could never have imagined. She was a teacher. She was a lesson in courage. And Bianca loved us all. Especially Lars. Especially him.

"The hardest thing is loving and then having the courage to let them love you back."- The Wedding Date

"P.S. I will always love you."

"But I haven’t kissed you in quite a while
And I’d really like to.
I’ve never told you
I fear that if you knew the magnitude of feelings contained
In this candy heart of mine, you’d run screaming away
Or maybe you’d stay, but bolt and chain the door to your emotions
To keep me at bay, and
Whether I smoke a pack a day or not
Doesn’t guarantee that I’ll be your natural selection
For preferred affection
But I miss your kiss a lot,
Like I miss cheeseburgers when I haven’t had enough protein,
And I prefer the taste of you in my daydreams
To the smoky flavor of nicotine any day."

"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything its cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it... it really is worth fighting for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more."- How to Save your Own Life

It takes a night to make it dawn
And it takes a day to make you yawn brother
And it takes some old to make you young
It takes some cold to know the sun
It takes the one to have the other

And it takes no time to fall in love
But it takes you years to know what love is
It takes some fears to make you trust
It takes those tears to make it rust
It takes the dust to have it polished
- Life is Wonderful by Jason Mraz

"In an effort to get people to look into each other's eyes more The government has decided to allow each person exactly 1 hundred and 67 words, per day. When the phone rings, I put it to my ear without saying hello. In the restaurant, I point at noodle soup. I am adjusting well to the new way Late at night I call my long-distance lover and proudly say; 'I only used 59 today. I saved the rest for you.' when he doesn't respond, I know he's used up all his words, so I slowly whisper "I love you" 32 and a third times. After that, we just sit on the line and listen to each other breathe."

"I bet you've had a hard time walking into a room full of people on your own, right? Yeah. I know that. I know what it is not to feel like your in the room until he looks at you or touches your hand or even makes a joke at your expense, just to let everyone know... you're with him. You're his." -P.S. I Love You

I know it’s not your style
And i can tell by the way that you move it’s real soon
But I’m on your side
And i don’t want to be your regret; I’d rather be your cocoon

Cocoon by Jack Johnson

"People never know how special someone is until they leave, but maybe sometimes its important to leave, so they are given that chance to see how special that someone really is."

Carla: Fine, you can't live with Elliot, but you're not living with us so get your crap out by Friday.
JD: Friday? Friday's my birthday. I've already e-vited everyone to a party at our place.
Carla: Whose place?
JD: Your place. Look I can't just un-e-vite everyone. I've got two e-yeses and 24 e-maybes. That's a lot of e-sponses.
Carla: Bambi, I'm gonna put my e-foot up your ass.
JD: It's a Mexican themed fiesta on the first anniversary of my 29th birthday. That means I'm turning thirty. Donde? 56 Walnut Drive. Cuando? Thank you for asking, ocho-thirty until upside down question mark. Sombreros at the door. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooh!
Turk: I'll be there.
JD: Gracias, amigo. [to Carla] I borrowed one of your dictionaries.

"Some people are drawn to drama. You are not a community theater. Fire the actors from your life. Just because you know someone doesn’t mean you owe them anything. Especially if they’re a tool."

No comments: