Sunday, September 7, 2008

This has literally and honestly been the most stressful week of my life. I cannot express my relief that Sadie Hawkins planning is over. I'm so behind on my speech work, and I'm being drowned in homework. I don't have time anymore. What kind of life is that for a sophomore in high school? I'm up late and awake early to get everything I need to do done, and it's still not enough time. It has begun to worry me. I haven't even stop to think about why I'm this way, why I take on so much at one time. And the only reason I can come up with is for my future. For the hope that all of this will someday pay off. All I can hope is that I don't screw up along the way. I'm not sure how I feel about this way of living, honestly, for the future and not for right now. I don't want to look back and think I missed out because I was too busy filling up my time planning school events and studying for stupid tests. I love love love love student council and speech with everything I have, but it's stressin me out. I need to learn time management. I need to slow down. I need to breathe. And I need help with it all.

"We're so arrogant, aren't we? So afraid of age, we do everything we can to prevent it. We don't realize what a privilege it is to grow old with someone. Someone who doesn't drive you to commit murder or doesn't humiliate you beyond repair." -P.S. I Love You

No comments: