Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HP

Righto, here is my opinion on HP and the Half-Blooded Price:

I thought it was absolutely wonderful. My favorite of the six. I thought the cinematography was the best of the movies - the filming was so good and spot-on. The actors have really developed and I thought the acting was so good. Lavender Brown is soooo teenage girl-y and just PERFECT! I know there were two scenes that weren't in the move, but honestly, I don't care. The beginning where Harry is hitting on that random black girl is a hell of a lot more interesting than Fudge and the Prime Minister of Britain just talking. They also encompassed pretty much everything they talked about when they showed the Death Eaters destroying the Muggle bridge and reaping havoc. The scene where the Weasleys house got destroyed - not my fave, but I didn't dislike it. It was intersting. It reeeeally showed off the characteriztion of Bellatrix (WHICH WAS BRILLIANT), so I liked it. I also really liked how they made references to Malfoy and the Vanashing Cabinet throughout the movie, because in the book you didn't know WTF he was doing and it was confusing (although I never really understood why he needed the Death Eaters there to kill Dumbledore.... besides the point). The scene of Dumbledore's death was REALLY powerful and so sososososososo well done. I was concerned because they downplayed Sirius' death in the fifth movie and it wasn't that tragic. But Dumbledore's was great, powerful, sad. I'm not upset that they didn't show the funeral because his actual death was so impacting. I thought the mixture of humor and serious stuff was the best out of all the movies. Harry when he was taking the Felix Felices was brilliant. One of my favorite scenes in the movie was when Harry and Hermione were talking about Ron and Ginny.... ah. :) I thought they followed the book well. Yeah, they left some stuff out, but they have to make decisions about stuff like that. It's a long-ass book and there's only so much they can do in two and a half hours. A lot of people flipped out because there was no battle scene. This and the third book are the only books with no confrontation with Voldemort, and because of this reason alone it will be less action-packed. This really is the book with the least amount of fighting. Honestly, it's not even much of a battle when the Death Eaters are at Hogwarts. It's the Death Eaters running out while Hermione and Ron and others try to stop them. I'm not too torn up over it. OVERALL: I approve. I am content. J.K. Rowling thought it was the best one yet, and if the creator of the series thinks it's good, I don't know why anyone else should think otherwise. I don't think anything Harry Potter could ever disappoint me. :)








(LOL NERRRRRRRD)

No comments: